The following is taken from the student handbook.
Neatness and decency are emphasized guidelines for the dress code. Clothing that is worn to school should not violate the rules of decency, offend the standards of other students, promote unsafe conditions, or detract from the educational process. The administration will make the final determination regarding the appropriateness of a student’s appearance. A student who is inappropriately dressed will be required to change his/her clothing and may be subject to disciplinary action.
- All apparel, including tattoos that display or promote products referring to alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, suggestive or obscene language or that display inappropriate statements will be deemed unacceptable.
- Acceptable length for all apparel shall be fingertip in length when arms are relaxed at side. This would include the following apparel: shorts, dresses, and any slits or holes in clothing.
- Tops with spaghetti straps, narrow straps, strapless, halter-tops, off-the-shoulder tops and low-cut or tight tops are not allowed. Additionally, tops that are see-through or fishnet are considered inappropriate school attire. Straps must be 1 ½ inches in width.
- Questionable attire will be evaluated on an individual basis for appropriateness.
- Bare midriffs are not allowed.
- Clothing or items that give the impression of gang affiliation or promote gang affiliation are not acceptable.
- Footwear is to be worn at all times. Shoes or sandals will be required. Laces must be tied. House slippers are not acceptable footwear.
- Make-up and hairstyles considered excessive and extreme by the administration will not be allowed.
- Hats, visors, and sunglasses are unacceptable wearing apparel in the school building and should be removed when entering the building. Hooded sweatshirts must be worn with the hood down at all times. The administration reserves the right to remove and take these items if they are worn in the building.
- Pierced ears are acceptable unless excessive, but other pierced body parts or jewelry that may pose a safety hazard to a student will not be permitted.
- Pants and shorts are to be worn at the natural waistline.
- Pajama tops and bottoms are not acceptable school attire.
- Students will not be allowed to paint their faces or wear imitation tattoos on their face, arms or legs without prior permission from the building administration. Writing and/or drawing on the body or clothing is also prohibited.
- Students will not be allowed to paint their nails with any substance other than nail polish.
It should be noted that these rules are not all inclusive. Dress which disrupts the normal educational environment will be considered inappropriate attire. In all instances, students must not infringe upon the rights of other.