7th grade Reading Requirements
- Students will set a personal AR goal each quarter for points to earn based off of their STAR recommendations. The goal should progress throughout the year.
- Students will take AR tests over the book of their choice to earn points toward their goal. Only AR books will count towards meeting the goal.
- Grades are given out of 100 points each quarter for the completion of AR tests and achievement of their individual goal.
- Students should use free time and designated reading time during class, as well as read at home to accomplish this goal.
- 80% of books must be within your STAR reading level range.
- The goal for every student is to score an 80% or higher for each book. Only scores of 70% or higher will count toward the goal.
- Students will keep track of their own progress in AR and conference with the teacher on a weekly / bi-weekly basis.
- Students must choose at least one award winning book to be pre-approved by the teacher each semester.
I have read the above requirements and will do my very best to complete the reading expectations for each quarter.
I have read the above requirements and will do my very best to hold my student accountable for his/her reading expectations.