Hello! My name is Janelle Tittsworth, but the students usually refer to me as Mrs. T. This is my 4th year at AMS and 20th year education. I spent my first seven years teaching math at Valley Center Middle School, where I also coached middle school track and high school basketball. I transferred to the Andover district in 2007. I taught math at ACMS for another six years before going into administration. I was the assistant principal and athletic director at ACMS from 2013-2016. Managing all the evening activities limited my time with my family, so I chose to return to the classroom and teach again. I was blessed to have the opportunity to return to a teaching role in this district. I am thrilled to continue my passion for teaching here at Andover Middle School.
I teach all the Math 6 Accelerated courses, and two Math 7 courses.
Overall MATH grades are weighted: 30% (daily homework) + 70% (quizzes, tests, projects).
- Steps to complete online HW:
- Login with ClassLink
- Log in with Google (On home devices, students need to include their whole school email address: email@example.com. The @students.usd385.org part is not necessary to type at school so new students and some returning may not realize this at home.)
- click on “Assignments” tab at the top
How are we graded?
- Practice work (homework) counts as 30% of the overall grade.
- Assessments (tests/quizzes) count as 70% of the overall grade.
- Projects vary in their weight, depending on the complexity of the tasks.
What about late work, re-dos, and test retakes?
- Homework corrections (redo’s) and late homework assignments are accepted prior to the chapter test.
- Students must earn less than an 80% in order to redo/correct homework.
- Students may earn a maximum score of 80% on a redo/late assignment.
- If an assignment is turned in late, students will be deducted 20% from the grade earned.
- Students are responsible for seeking help if needed.
- Quiz/Test retakes/corrections are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- It is the student’s responsibility to visit with the teacher.
- Per 6th grade math policy, the maximum score you may earn is 80%.
What do we do if we are absent?
- Students must refer to Mrs. T’s website to access daily lesson plans and homework.
- The student handbook states the school policy and timeline regarding absent work.