High School -- St. Mary's Dominican in New Orleans, LA
College -- Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA (Undergraduate Degree)
Wayland Baptist University in Albuquerque, NM (Graduate Degree)
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
Masters in Instructional Leadership
Certified 4-8 ELAR
Certified 4-8 SS
This is my second year teaching at AMS, but my 16th year teaching Language Arts.
Due to my husband being in the military, I have had the opportunity to teach in several different areas around the country. The following are the schools/grade levels/states I have previously taught:
1. Kate Burgess Elementary (Wichita Falls, TX): 5th grade Language Arts/Social Studies
2. South Valley Preparatory School (Albuquerque, NM): 6th through 8th grade Language Arts/Social Studies
3. Kit Carson Middle School (Albuquerque, NM): 6th through 8th grade Language Arts/Social Studies
4. Joshua Butler Elementary (Westwego, LA): 4th grade science
5. Chateau Estates Elementary (Kenner, LA): 5th grade Language Arts/Social Studies and 2nd grade (self-contained)
My husband, Stephen, and I have been married for 12 years. We have two children: Patrick and Emily. Patrick is in 6th grade at AMS, and Emily is in 2nd grade at Cottonwood Elementary. In addition, we have one fur-baby named Bailee. She has been a part of our family since June of 2013.